Nagpur is the largest city in the state of Maharashtra. The city has much historic significance, from being one of the key areas during the freedom struggle to even the continuing fight against the caste system still prevalent in the country. Today, Nagpur is among the fastest growing cities of India and has a lot to offer travelers from the world over.
The city is popular for its orange produce and is fondly referred to as the ‘Orange City’ of India.
Sweet, juicy oranges make a delicious and healthy snack or addition to a meal. A whole orange contains only about 85 calories and has no fat, cholesterol or sodium. And, of course, “oranges are well known for their vitamin C content,” said Laura Flores, a San Diego-based nutritionist.
Oranges may boost your immune system and improve your skin; they also aid with heart health, cholesterol levels and other issues. Oranges may additionally help reduce the risk of respiratory diseases, certain cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcers and kidney stones.
Orange juice is also packed with nutrients but does not contain the fiber of a whole orange. Orange pith, the white substance between the peel and the flesh, is high in fiber. Furthermore, it is easy to consume more calories when drinking orange juice than when eating an orange, warns the Centers for Disease Control.
Uses of Orange Fruit:
There are multiple uses of orange fruit, some of them are given below-
- The juice of orange fruit is a best way to obtain health and-energy; it is widely served with breakfast.
- Ripe oranges are also eaten raw; as its outer translucent peel has much fibres.
- It is used as an ingredient in fruit salads.
- The peel of loosened-skinned oranges works as a great insect-repellent. The citric smell keeps them away.
- It is also used to extract an oil which is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial.
- Oranges are also used to prepare fresheners, fragrances and perfumes.
- The dried peels are churned to prepare face scrub.
Health Benefits of Orange Fruit:
1. Makes Your Skin Shine
If you prone of dull, dab and wrinkled skin then; orange therapy is a good treatment;
- Include fresh orange juice or orange fruit in your daily diet.
- The loose-skinned ones are the best.
- You can also directly apply the pod and its pulp on the skin.
- Do it for regular basis, it corrects your skin with the regular practice.
2. Helpful in Indigestion
- The Vitamin C and trace metals present in it helps to cure the problems of indigestion and acidity.
- Take a glass of Orange juice and sprinkle some cumin powder and black salt over it.
- Mix well and drink.
- Being tasty it works like a natural antacid.
3. Builds-Up Immune System
- Winter season is coming; it needs a build-up immunity for the resistance.
- The season of oranges are also coming.
- HAve oranges in your daily diet; it helps to build up immunity.
4. Fights Against Viral Infection
- The sourness and tartness accompanies with several benefits with it.
- Oranges are anti-viral and anti-microbial in nature.
- One who is habituated to have this fruit daily; never suffers from any viral infections.
5. Boosts Heart Health
- Oranges are the good sources of potassium.
- It is a good thing to keep your heart healthy.
- So, in order to keep your heart healthy; one must have oranges in their daily diet.
6. Lowers Cholesterol Levels
- Oranges are rich in soluble fibre.
- And the Vitamin C content helps to cut off th fat deposits from the body.
- Those suffering from cholesterol problems; must include this in their daily diet.
7. Creates Good Vision
- For a good and healthy vision, oranges are very necessary.
- It is rich in Vitamin A which erases all the problems related to sight.
8. Good for Pediatric Ailments
- Orange juice is considered an excellent for infants who are not fed on breast milk.
- Daily 15 ml to 120 ml of orange juice must be given according to the age.
- It helps to keep them awa from disorders and ailments.
- If required, cooked pulp of oranges can also be given.
9. Cures Respiratory Disorders
- It’s a myth actually, that oranges should not be given in cough types of problems.
- The use of orange juice mixed with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of honey is an effective food for T.B, Asthma, Common cold, Bronchitis etc.
- It protects our lungs and keeps them healthy.
10.Helpful During Fever
- During fevers, only liquid diet is allowed.
- This time one can easily rely upon orange juice and orange syrups.
- It cures fevers due to blood poisoning, wrong food and seasonal flu’s.